Monday, April 1, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Makes Everything Nice

You know what, it sucks when you are so engrossed in a story and you think it's going to end well but then, BAM! Tragedy. And then you think, "What the--!" Yes, I know not all stories end in happiness and bliss. But when two characters finally realize they love each other, or other characters deal with unimaginable horror, their tales should end well for them. They deserve that, don't they? But what did I have to get me through the heart-wrenching tales of woe? A good cuppa tea.

It's been an odd week and you know what makes that better? Tea! I've had a lot of Strawberry Ginger tea. When I first saw it I thought, "Strawberry and ginger? Does that go together?" But I thought I'd give it a try. And you know what? It actually does work! The sweetness of the strawberry balances out the spiciness of the ginger. I would totally drink this as an afternoon pick me up, when I really shouldn't have caffeine or I'll be up all night but need a little kick. The bit of ginger will surely boost your brain with its awesomeness and the strawberry will satisfy your sweet tooth. You know what else adds to the sweetness? There's apple and blackberry, two more of my favorite fruits. 

I just checked out the David's Tea website and saw that they have an interesting chai called Bollywood Chai. It has chai spices (included peppercorns!) but also has candy covered fennel seeds. Indian restaurants usually have these by the door as a breath freshener. I will have to try this and report back! 

Towards the end of April, Jay and I are heading to NYC for a weekend. I have a whole list of tea establishments we will have to go to. Seriously. Like 8 places. I'm looking forward to it! Not to mention our hotel is 5 minutes walk from Babycakes.

What is your favorite tea of the moment?



1 comment:

  1. Steph, I love your blog. You inspire me to try more teas. Recently I have been drinking my Christmas tea from Trader Joes - vanilla and cinnamon. The box is cute.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete