Monday, May 19, 2014

Grab a cuppa and let me tell you a tale.

a cup of coffee. Franklin's.
Wow. It's been quite a year. The biggest thing? I had a baby. I had all these tea posts lined up in my head, all the tea I wanted to drink and experiment with and then pow! I was pregnant. At first I didn't have any caffeine. But I gradually started drinking a cup a day. And then came the coffee. I've always enjoyed super sugary espresso beverages but while I was pregnant and since she's been born I've had a coffee obsession. [insert horrified gasp here] My coffee tastes matured from sugar syrup with a splash of coffee and some sort of milk to full on coffee or cappuccino and maybe some homemade fancy syrup or honey. Then, being the Anglophile I am, I had to try the biggest coffee beverage craze in the UK/NZ/OZ: the flat white. It's like the best ratio of coffee, tiny bubble foam and espresso. Not too milky, not too espresso-y. It's creamy espresso. Confession: today I had a meeting at our headquarters so I attempted to plan my trek around hitting up the only coffee shop around here that has the flat white on their menu. Once I left the house and dropped my daughter off at day care I did not have time enough to go to that one coffee shop. But I did go to my favorite coffee shop for a latte instead. And that was probably better. 
Wait. This is a tea blog. Not a coffee blog. 
Now that I'm back to tea again -although I never truly left it- I have some fabulous plans for this blog. I will be sharing my recipe (or rather my mother-in-laws recipe) for chai masala straight from the homeland. Then the proper way to brew a perfect cup of chai. And of course, how to make that perfect cup of chai with non-dairy milk. Some tea reviews, tea related reading, tea travel, hopefully some tea crafts and random musings. Maybe some coffee talk thrown in. Until then, enjoy a cup of your favorite brew, whether it is coffee or tea. 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy both coffee and tea so I'm sure I will enjoy reading the posts you have planned. :)

    ReplyDelete